Andrew Arden QC is a leading author on both housing and local government matters. His works include principal practitioner works in each area (Housing Encyclopedia, Local Government Constitutional and Administrative Law, Housing Law Reports, Journal of Housing Law, Arden & Partington’s Housing Law, Homelessness and Allocations, and Local Government Finance Law). He founded Arden Chambers in order to provide a centre for specialist practice linked to his legal writing. Andrew retains responsibility for these works and is assisted by various members of Chambers (whether as co-authors, contributors, or editors). His portfolio of work has also served to encourage and support other members to produce practitioner books of their own.
Arden Chambers is particularly well-known for the writing it undertakes in the fields of housing and local government. We write or edit most of the leading works in these areas.
Our major publications, written by various members of Chambers, are listed below.
- Arden & Partington’s Housing Law
- Atkins Court Forms: Housing
- Defending Possession Proceedings
- Encyclopedia of Housing Law and Practice
- Encyclopedia of Local Government Law (updates)
- Homelessness and Allocations
- Housing Law Casebook
- Housing Law Reports
- Housing Law: Pleadings in Practice
- Housing View (weekly on-line update)
- Journal of Housing Law
- Judicial Review Proceedings: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Leasehold Disputes
- Local Government Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Local Government Finance Law and Practice
- Manual of Housing Law
- Quiet Enjoyment
Our members contribute to housing, local government and property law updates for a range of publications, including:
- New Law Journal
- Solicitors’ Journal
- Law Society Gazette
- Legal Action (LAG)
- Landlord and Tenant Review
Recent Articles are listed below.
- Proportionality and Private Landlords – Alice Richardson
- Housing and Planning Act 2016 – Part 1: Secure Tenancies, But Not As You Know It – Senay Nihat
- Housing and Planning Act 2016 – Part 2: Recovering possession of abandoned property – Riccardo Calzavara
- Housing: Co-operatives – Riccardo Calzavara
- Housing: Rent lawfully due – Ian Loveland
- Housing: Succession – Ian Loveland
- High Court enforcement of possession orders – Amy Just
- The recovery of a Lessor’s Legal Costs in the Court and First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) – Sam Madge Wyld
Our members also write topical housing law updates for the LAG housing law blog.
Recent blog posts from Alice Richardson include:
- Bedroom Tax: Round 2
- Joined Up Thinking
- Showing your workings
- A long and winding road, yet there is still further to go…
- Forgiveness or permission? (Cardiff v. Lee (Flowers) and the argument that never was)
- The Right to Buy – Where are we now?
- The Equality Act- what next?
- Allocation, Allocation, Allocation (Part 1 and Part 2)
- The Right to Rent and the Immigration Act 2016
- Step-Children and Succession after Divorce (co-written with Annette Cafferkey)